Pregnancy Physiotherapy & Antenatal Physiotherapy
As part of our Women's Health Clinic Services, PhysioFit Woman offers a dedicated Pregnancy Physiotherapy and Antenatal Physiotherapy service for pregnancy, antenatal, prenatal, and related conditions.
For years, discomfort associated with expecting a baby was accepted as a normal part of being pregnant. Fortunately today it is possible to significantly reduce and maintain the level of discomfort or pain to a minimum, through proper Physiotherapy Treatments.
Mums-to-be should be able to enjoy their pregnancy to the full and now many General Practitioners and Consultants recommend Pregnancy Physiotherapy for relieving the discomfort experienced by pregnant women and helping them prepare the body for an easier delivery and recovery process.
Women can also experience pains and discomforts after labour, some of which can endure for several weeks or even months, if not addressed properly. Find out more about and attend one of our Postnatal Physiotherapy and exclusive Postnatal Physiolates Programme.
Benefits of Pregnancy Physiotherapy:
- It reduces aches and pains
- It reduces bladder leakage
- It keeps the muscles in shape
- It helps preparing for labor and delivery
What to expect from a Pregnancy Physiotherapy and Antenatal Physiotherapy Session?
On your 1st Physiotherapy visit you will need 1 hour with Deborah Fernandes, our Women's Health Physiotherapist, for a detailed consultation and your 1st Physiotherapy treatment. Following both assessment and diagnosis, Deborah will decide what is the best treatment plan. You may need 30 min or 60 min Physiotherapy follow-up or a course of 4h Physiotherapy.
What Pregnancy & Antenatal Conditions can be treated?
- Pregnancy and Antenatal back pain
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Pregnancy and Antenatal weak pelvic floor
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Sciatica
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Swelling ' Fluid Retention (Oedema)
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Urinary incontinence
- Pregnancy and Antenatal Pre & Post Surgery
CONTACT US NOW